Movie news: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead CAST!!

It's extremely exciting when we find that the books we love get optioned for movies. The excitement in finding out how its going to be, who they're going to cast and when it's going to be made!

And this is where I share the amazing news in regards to Vampire Academy! I actually had no idea that it was going to be produced into a movie. Until I happened to cross one of Richelle's blog posts

I am obviously jumping with joy as the Vampire Academy series is one my most favourite books. I'm currently following everything related to The Mortal Instruments movie at the moment and cannot wait until the release!

Anyhow, Richelle tells us the main cast and although it's not actors/actresses that I know of I can surely say they do fit the role (though I am a bit iffy on the casting of Lissa) especially Rose and especially especially Dimitri cause that actor is indeed Russian. So perfect! wow.
 
Zoey Deutch as Rose Hathaway |  Danila Kozlovsky as Dimitri Belicov

Lucy Fry as Lissa Dragomir
 
Richelle also tells us how the movie title will be changing. No! Don't despair, the original title Vampire Academy stays, though a little bit will be added on where the full title will be Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters. I totally get why they decided to add that extra bit. And like I said you can get more info here
 
What are your thoughts? Do the actors/actresses suit their role?
Or were you hoping for someone else to play a particular role? I've heard many of you say you would love Ben Barnes to play Dimitri.
Let me know in the comments :D

5 comments:

  1. Rose and Dmitri look the part but I'm not jumping for joy about the Lissa pick.. I guess we'll when the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting I like the Rose and Dimitri pick. Although, the Rose pick is a little too "glam" but it is a headshot, so I will give her the benefit of the doubt. As for Lissa's casting. I am not feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really know any of these actors, but if we go according to looks alone, I'm liking Lissa and Dimitri, although I think Ben Barnes would have been great as Dimitri, too. I'd like to see Zoey in character, though, because she looks to prim for Rose in the picture that you posted. This picture (http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Zoey+Deutch+9th+Annual+Teen+Vogue+Young+Hollywood+mTGRqikABpUl.jpg) seems more like Rose. I'm wondering how the Beautiful Creatures movie will affect her role in this one. Anyway, I guess we'll find out when the movie is released! There's so many YA movies being made into movies, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im always waiting the news when vampire academy making movie and i think Ben Barnes would have been great as Dimitri, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!