Heaven by Christoph Marzi

Heaven
by Christoph Marzi

Pages: 384
Release Date: February 2nd 2012
Publisher: Orchard
Source: ARC from Publishers
Add it: Goodreads
 
The night that Heaven lost her heart was cold and moonless. But the blade that sliced it out was warm with her dark blood... David Pettyfer is taking a shortcut over the dark rooftops of London's brooding houses, when he literally stumbles across Heaven: a strange, beautiful, distraught girl who says that bad men have stolen her heart. Yet she's still alive... And so begins David and Heaven's wild, exciting and mysterious adventure - to find Heaven's heart, and to discover the incredible truth about her origins. Part thriller, part love story and part fairy tale, this brilliantly original novel from a bestselling German author will take your breath away...

My Thoughts
Can I just say that Heaven was one of the weirdest yet interesting books I've read. Don't get me wrong. I say weird in the nicest way possible seeing as I have I really enjoyed reading Heaven. It was a fascinating read.

Let's elaborate on the 'weird' shall I? It'll probably be a tinsy winsy bit spoilery but it's only after reading this will I believe you'll really want to just get into it. So this is how it goes, exactly. It's the beginning of the story and there's this guy that's a Hunter. What this hunter does is snatches peoples hearts (WDF right?) and so the victims end up dying, as to be expected. Then there's this girl, Heaven, from which he snatches her heart. Now this is the weird part, the girl that has no heart, get this... she g e t s u p and runs away!

Doesn't that just get you thinking! When I read those lines, I was just sitting there with a WHAT face. I even read that page again in case I missed something? And after that, everything just gets even more interesting. There's another character main character David too. He's like one of those geeky guys you get. Geeky but cute ;)

Heaven continues on to be a great read. It's simply that one hell of a plot that gets you going. That really gets you reading. Hmmmm, what else can I say other that read it. You'll be intrigued. You count on it!

6 comments:

  1. I agree that this was weird but intruiging read. I loved the fairy twist in this story though.

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review and i agree on all points mention. It was a very interesting book with a magical twist ( which i love ) and one im sure to re-read in years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read it, I felt that the stealing of the heart happened so early in the story, and the action then sets in so fast, I hardly had time to think about that being weird ;).

    It's great that you read on though, I really love how the story unfolds. It's interesting to see a German author you already love get published in English as well :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really nailed this review! Heaven is such a sweet story that keeps you thinking long after you've turned the final page... I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this book! I was blown away with the plot and how the author was able to make such an interesting concept so believable. I loved the twists and action throughout too. It definitely kept you on your toes while reading. Glad to see you loved this book too =)

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a fantastic urban fantasy meets fairy tale :) It was creepy, intriguing and I loved the touch of romance. And yes, David is geeky, yet adorable. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!