Finding Sky by Joss Stirling

Finding Sky
by Joss Stirling

Pages: 400
Release Date:  June 2nd 2011
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Source: For Review from Publishers
Buy it: Amazon
Add it: Goodreads
When Sky catches a glimpse of Zed for the first time, lounging against his motorbike at school, she is drawn to him just like every other girl in Wickenridge. But Zed sees something special in her that the other girls don't have. Zed tells her they are both Savants - people with special powers like telepathy and the ability to see into the future. Not only that, she is a Savant too, and his soulfinder - meant to be together.

When a soulfinder speaks telepathically to her partner, it's like all the lights coming on in a building. You lit me up like Vegas. But for Sky it's just not that easy - she's a mystery to herself, haunted by nightmares from her past before she was adopted, and riddled with doubt and insecurity. Just when Sky is slowly coming round to the idea of being with Zed she is kidnapped by a family of criminal Savants. In a chilling twist, Sky and Zed's relationship is put to the ultimate test and the fate of those she loves lie in Sky's hands. Will Sky have the strength to embrace her power and be brave enough to control her own destiny, or will the dark demons of her past prevent her from realising her true potential?

My Thoughts
Just before reading Finding Sky, I though it'll be a werewolf book because of the cover. I think it's mainly because many of the werewolf books I've read had similar designs. Anyhow, Finding Sky wasn't about werewolf's but something even better and original.

As soon as Sky's eyes are set on Zed she feelings a deep attraction. She knows that there's something special. Zed feels it too he understands what's going to happen next and what other strings are attached. Though, for Sky, she has no idea and it's the beginning of a whole new discovery.

Sky is our average teenager. I really like her character and connect with her entirely. Especially when she finds it totally creepy in Zed's sudden outburst of affection. It was really weird but I got past that when we got to learn more about Zed. He's just great.

Along with an alluring romance there's plenty of action involved too liked entirely with Savants. People that have special abilities. It's incredibly gripping and face paced. I didn't know what was going to happen or what was going to come next. I loved reading it.

I was satisfied with the ending and I just wanted more. Stirling's writing is amazing and I don't know how she does it. I'm so impressed. Now, there's Stealing Pheonix, the next book. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

4 comments:

  1. interesting to see this - thanks, joined your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this book for so long, it sounds awesome! Sky definitely seems like a great character - glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've honestly never heard of Finding Sky until now. And you're totally right, it looks like a werewolf book! It reminds me of the UK version of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.

    But it sounds really original. The concept of Savants sounds intriguing, totally glad you liked it. I might have to pick it up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this looks interesting *adds to wishlist*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!