Luscious Limelight: Courtney from Rondo of Possible World shares her Sparks from the Past

With all the new Debut Novels coming out and all of the 2011/2012 story teasers being leaked sometimes you need to catch up with some oldies that have inspired authors or have been the first of a series and the 452753th books is on its way :)

One book that I know has inspired many writers is Mark Zusak's The Book Thief. If you've read it, you'd agree that this novel is beautiful written and you fall in love with every character that Zusak has created. He paints a picture on every page and they are all beautifully illustrated for the reader. If you have yet to read his book or any of his novels I extremely recommend them!

Another book that I have heard many good things about and I truly enjoyed reading over the years was The Uglies Series. Scott Westerfeld revived a dystopian universe for young adults with his Perfect World that Tally Youngblood lives in. This is truly a creative and wonderful dystoipan centered novel that will truly knock you off your feet and steal you away from the dinner table because you're too wrapped up in it! Trust me, I know from experience.


If you've read Crank by Ellen Hopkins then you should check out Go Ask Alice by Anonymous. It's a definite must-read for Ellen Hopkins fans. The book is formatted as a diary where you read about a young girl who is slipped drugs at a party and her life spirals down from that day. It's such a realistic and gruesome tale that happens a lot in society nowadays. It's very sad to say that :(

The older the book happens to be, the more sentimental value it holds to its reader. I can say that these books I hold near and dear to my heart and their stories will here stored there as well. I'm sure all of you have oldies that you've loved and always reflect back upon, so tell us, what are they?
 --
Thank you Courtney for this fab post. I definitely have to check these books out! If you loved Courney's post too then why not head over to her blog, Rondo of Possible World to find out more!
If you're a blogger and want to write a guest post just drop me a email at grippedintobooks(at)gmail(dot)com

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Old books that are close to my heart is the Demonata series by Darren Shan, Threads by Sophia Bennett, and Playing Cupid by Coleen Murtagh Paratore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your review. I read Go Ask Alice a long time ago, I really enjoyed it. I have been meaning to read the Uglies series. I thought the books in the series all had some fantastic covers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!