The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter
 by Julie Kagawa

Pages: 384
Release Date: April 15th 2011
Publisher: MIRA Books
Series: The Iron Fey #2
Other books in series: The Iron King, The Iron Queen & The Iron Knight
Buy the Book: Amazon UK | Amazon US


Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
My Thoughts
I loved The Iron King. And there’s no doubt that I loved The Iron Daughter just as much. As pretty as the cover, this book shimmers with utter brilliance.

The Iron Daughter starts off with Megan as prisoner to the Winter Faery. I love her patience and how caring she is. She’s brave too. The perfect heroine. Though not so perfect when it comes to Ash, the Winter prince. The man believed to have betrayed her love.

I love Ash. I love his iciness. I love it when he gets really serious and love how he loves Megan. But he sure hides it well seeing as Megan believes otherwise. There’s such big issues but can’t they see that they’re a great match.

The story itself is very magical. There’s more trouble as Megan senses danger. It’s up to her then to save Faery seeing as no one else believes her. The Iron Daughter continues to get more complicated yet all the more beautiful.

Kagawa has done it again! It’s very certain I will continue this series especially to see how everything will enfold with Ash and Megan The Iron Queen, here I come!

11 comments:

  1. This is a series I tried to get into, and just couldn't. But then I see reviews like this one, written by people who adore this series and I know I need to at least give it another shot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this series, heard so many great things. Thanks for the review, I'll add them to my TBR.
    The hard to see love relationship sounds just like my kinda thing and Ash sounds awesome.
    Thank you.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this the other day, can't wait to start it now. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this series and your defiintely in for a treat when you read The Iron Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't gotten into this series yet, but I've heard quite a lot of positive things about the book :D Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this series, Team ASH! I can't wait for the Iron Knight

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol I just noticed this came out on my birthday xD and I got an ARC of the Iron Knight.It will not disappoint ! :D team ash! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the first one, and can't wait to read the rest of this series! I heard Julie Kagawa was coming out with another series soon!:O

    lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard great things about this author, must mark it as a to-read

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!