Fury by Elizabeth Miles

Fury
by Elizabeth Miles

Pages: 352
Release Date: September 1st 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Childrens Books
Source: ARC from Publishers
Buy the Book: Amazon
Add it: Goodreads

It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems...
Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better--the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend.
On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel...something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed.
In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay.
Em and Chase have been chosen
.

My Thoughts
Simply epic! How awesome can this book get? I loved reading every page, every chapter and when I reached the ending of Fury, there was no doubt that I loved it. I needed more and I wanted to read more!

Fury is divided in Em’s and Chase’s perspectives. Em is witty and cool. I really connected with her. She had a hell of a lot to deal with. With her best friend Gabby going off to Spain, and being left with a total untouchable hottie, there was sure a lot of inner battles that Em had to fight through. Though, she never did the right thing. Why!? I really had a fury of my own with Em. How could she do that?

With Chase, what can I say? He’s a football team captain and, he sure likes everything to be perfect. But, I really loved how even though he’s kinda poor, he’s still knew how to get through and well, get into the popular crew. He became a jerk though, and then came Ty. I am not exaggerating when I say, I hate that girl! Everything came crashing down but making it even more exciting.

As I read on, I disliked Chase and Em more and more and grew more fond of the new girls in town, the Furies. And boy when they came, the book was on fire. Whispered secrets come at large as all innocence is washed away bringing so much action, anticipation and unexpected moments. I adore it particularly as it dealt with cause and consequence... where characters have to learn from their actions. So very Devious, and utterly clever Fury will have you yearning for more. You need this book!

8 comments:

  1. It's good to see a very positive review about this book. It wasn't my new favorite, but I did love the end. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it! I liked Fury, but I didn't love it. I couldn't really understand why the Furies were after Em and Chase, but I did think the story was original! Great review :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this one a week or two ago and reviewed. I enjoyed and will read the next book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear you enjoyed it! I've heard mixed reviews for it... I think I'll have to check it out regardless so that I can have my say! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great book! Loved the review wish it could be released soon here in my country =)

    @Tibiux

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about this book once, not sure right now, but I think I hadn't read a synopsis.
    But it seems that you are excited and impressed by this book, so I will add it o my TBR list:) Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this book before, so I'm glad you reviewed it. I'm not sure if it's the right book for me, but maybe I'll check it out anyways. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the things I liked the most about Fury was the cover. I was happy the author decided to alternate narrators between chapters. That was definitely one of the things that made the book more interesting for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!