Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur

Eight Keys
by Suzanne LaFleur

Pages: 272
Release Date: August 11th 2011
Publisher: Puffin
Buy the Book: Amazon UK | Amazon US


Elise and Franklin have always been best friends. Elise has always lived in the big house with her loving Uncle and Aunt, because Elise's parents died when she was too young to remember them. There's always been a barn behind the house with eight locked doors on the second floor.

When Elise and Franklin start middle school, things feel all wrong. Bullying. Not fitting in. Franklin suddenly seems babyish. Then, soon after her 12th birthday, Elise receives a mysterious key left for her by her father. A key that unlocks one of the eight doors upstairs in the barn...

My Thoughts
As soon as I started reading Eight Keys, I was very intrigued to find out what secrets these keys will unlock. The synopsis had me hooked and it was only after a matter of pages into Eight Keys that I knew this book was something special.

Elise, the main character, is a 11 year old girl whose parents have both died leaving her in the care of her uncle and aunt. It's only until her 12th birthday that she notices a key addressed to her. And from that moment, many doors opened, many challenges are met and many lessons are learnt.

Elise is a great girl with an amazing friend, Franklin. Franklin is the type of friend that anyone would love to have. You could say he's very near to perfect. Nothing seems to set him and he is always there for Elise through think and thin. That's what I love about him. He's cute, caring and very childish. However, Elise believes his 'childlike' attitude isn't very grown up.

This is where Elise's locker buddy, Amanda comes in. I utterly despise her. Mainly because of what she does to Elise. It's quite funny how one small mean repetitive action like squashing your lunch every single day can make you really really not like someone. At least, shje got what she deserve at the end. Though not as quite I was expecting.

I really enjoyed Eight Keys. It's a book for all ages I believe. It had me wanting to read more. I look forward to reading more books by Suzanne LaFleur! An uplifting and insightful read.

19 comments:

  1. Never heard of this book before, sounds good though! Will need to look into it!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this but I wasn't sure if it was my cup of tea because the main character seemed a bit young, but I see that you can really get into the mind set of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this book sounds great! I appreciate that you don't give any spoilers in your review, it helps me really want to read the book even more! Can't wait to get my little hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, I hadn't heard ANYTHING about this book, so thanks for the review! Franklin sounds adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really cool. had never heard of it before so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good!! Thanks for the review Mia =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this before I seen this and this book sounds really good and interesting I will definitely be looking for it when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great, I have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oi! This book made me put it on my wishlist the moment I saw the cover. Didn't even have time to read the synopsis or review. (Got to it later, though.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love the sound of this! I'm adding it to my to-read list!
    -Carly Waid

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a really pretty book. If that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder what the key reveals... Great review :) I've never seen this book before but glad I came across it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this sounds amazing. It really does. I am so intrigued; I want to read this now!

    -Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this Cover is just AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of this book, but it sounds really cool. Like something both myself and my younger cousin could enjoy reading together. Great review. I'm really intrigued to know what the keys unlock now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of this book, but your making me want to read it!

    lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...I'm definately intrigued...Sounds like a fantastic book! Plus I love keys (I use them for my ratings in my blog!) The only thing that I might not like is the age of the characters...anyone in the 11 yr old category has me kind of iffy...then again Harry Potter was 11 to begin with...lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I'll probably pick this one up-looks really different and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was my first Suzanne LaFleur book and I'm really looking forward to Love Aubrey as this was a really cute read! I'm lad you enjoyed it too.

    ★ Under The Mountain's Review ★

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!