Wildthorn by Jane Eagland

Wildthorn by Jane Eagland

Pages: 359
Release Date: February 6th 2009
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Buy the Book: Amazon


Seventeen-year-old Louisa Cosgrove longs to break free from her respectable life as a Victorian doctor's daughter. But her dreams become a nightmare when Louisa is sent to Wildthorn Hall: labeled a lunatic, deprived of her liberty and even her real name. As she unravels the betrayals that led to her incarceration, she realizes there are many kinds of prison. She must be honest with herself - and others - in order to be set free. And love may be the key...


My Thoughts
I'm going to start by saying how I'm not a big fan of historical novels. Sure, they're can be interesting like I totally loved Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte but it's not something I'd read often.

Needless to say, the book was one great read. The story alternates from present day to pieces of the past. It's a very gripping book, fast paced and unique.

I enjoyed reading Louisa's character. It's amazing to see her be strong whilst being in an asylum. She's always in the right frame of mind and always thinking what to do next in any situation.

I'm really not into LGBT romance. And there was a bit of that involved in the book. I'm not really comfortable reading that. Though, the book is fantastic on its own. A intriguing read.

9 comments:

  1. There is a girl with a corset on the cover right? I think that must be interesting to be read. But, same with you, I don't really into LGBT romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By LGBT romance you mean a f/f or a m/m romance? I'm really interested in Wildthorn, once I LOVE historical fiction, but while I like to read m/m romance, I don't feel very comfortable reading f/f. Nothing agaisnt it, I just don't feel comfortable. Buuuuuut, I liked your review, really nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big Historical fan. But i will have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover. Books that aren't set in out times apeal to me a lot. Sounds like a very good boko to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read this. The cover is AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been on my wish list for a long time, I heard a lot about it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover, looks amazing(:

    lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I think I'll give it a go, though I tend to veer away from LGBT romance sometimes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!