Radiance by Alyson Noel

Radiance
by Alyson Noel

Pages: 183
Release Date: February 4th 2011
Publisher: Macmillan Children Books
Series: Riley Bloom #1
Other books in series: Shimmer
Buy the Book: Amazon UK | Amazon US



Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she’s summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a possibly cute, seemingly nerdy boy who’s definitely hiding something. They return to earth together for Riley’s first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But all of that was before he met Riley . . .
My Thoughts
While reading Radiance I realised that this wasn't a book that was for me. I think it's mainly because there wasn't any romance. However, Even though it just didn't appeal to me, the story overall was pretty great. I'll say it's mainly aimed at younger teens, considering the writing style.

However, as I've read the Evermore series I already had a connection to Riley. I absolutely adore her. I instantly loved her personality, character and simply everything about her. And, I really love the way she acts and handles different situations. It's quite awesome.

I think that Radiance would many suit younger teens and definitely children above 11. It seems like their kind of book as its full of young action and adventure. Because Riley is only around 13-14 years old the book would be in her perspective and the way she see's things. A great plot with great characters. A definite recommendation to younger teens.

9 comments:

  1. Great review! I have this book on my Nook, but haven't read it yet. I still need to read the Evermore series as well. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason I've avoided this is the lack of romance - I agree that it should be perfect for a younger audience though. I really like the cover too - thanks for the review :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this review, need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to me that this book is everywhere.
    I really like the cover but I don't know if it's my kind of book because of the lack of romance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really good book to read! I though that because the main charater was young and I was thinking 'oh no, no love / romace' but I got it and really enjoyed it. I've read The Immortals by Alyson so that made me want to read Radiance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might read this one, I liked her character in Evermore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so sad when Ever story wraped up but it ws nice knowing there was a future for Ever and Damien! I want to get my hands on this though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Riley, but I really don't think she compares to Ever. Also...I agree that I don't like a book if it has absolutely no romance in it...it kind of throws me off lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually like this author, but this book was a tad too much on the pre-teen scene for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!