My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Take
by Rachel Vincent

Pages: 368
Release Date: January 1st 2011
Publisher: Mira Books
Series: The Soul Screamers #1
Other books in series: My Soul to Save
Buy the book: Amazon UK | Amazon US




She doesn't see dead people, but…
She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…


My Thoughts
I heard a lot of good things about THE SOUL SCREAMER series, so when I received My Soul to Take for review, I was more than glad to read it. For one, look at the cover! I’ve got to say that the UK cover is so much better than the US one. Another clear selling point, it’s going to look so pretty on my shelf. Besides, the book in question is really good.

I really liked reading it. It was great reading something besides vampires and werewolves for a change. Something different and unique, My Soul to Take is a story about Kaylee, a girl who can sense when someone is going to die. By screaming.

Kaylee is a kiss-ass character. She’s smart and feisty. However, because of her ability, it had landed her in a psychiatric ward and so she will do anything to not to end up there again. She just wants to be a normal teenager. Have a simply worry free life, have fun and go on great dates.

I don’t know about worry free life but she sure does meet someone. Like, the hottest guy from school. Nash.(What a funny and peculiar name). He takes a keen interest in Kaylee and she starts to like him too. Nash is lovable and protective and just so right for Kaylee. Their relationship was a bit fast and abrupt nevertheless I really liked him! However, Kaylee’s worry comes in about what will happen if he discovers her secret.

The story had a well paced and strong plotline. My Soul to Take was definitely interesting and so I can’t wait to read the next book!

19 comments:

  1. I loved this book! The whole series is amazing, but I enjoyed the first one most, I think. Glad you enjoyed it - I hope you like the rest as much as you did this one. Thanks for the review :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I have seen this book around and it looks really good. And i agree about the cover, it is really good, definitely eye catching.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I loved My Soul To Take! This series is one of my favourites -- I'm so glad that you liked it! Tod is the best! :) Awesome review, Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is disturbing! lol. I have it on my TBR list, it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this one, different cover though. I don't know there was another cover for this series *blush*

    Anyway, I agree with you. This is such a refreshing from vampire and werewolves thingy. But I don't really like Kaylee. The most interesting character is Tod I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!! Although I have to disagree with you about the cover; I don't really like this one, but I do like the wispy US one. It was smoky and mysterious and caught my attention. :D BUT I love Nash too! And Todd and his twist in the tale was so unexpected, but such a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nash *is* a really funny name. I liked this one pretty good-- didn't love it, but am definitely interested to see where it's going. I also like the UK covers for this series better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm soo jealous so many of your followers have read this already, but am happy to hear they loved it! It sounds like I need to move this to my "to-read" shelf :-) I like both covers, however, the UK cover definitely matches the title and therefore catches my eye more ... I am very prone to picking books with awesome covers as that's what makes me grab it (or click on the link in Amazon) to read the blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard lots of positive things about this series--hope to read it soon! Thanks for the honest review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy reading this book as well. It is different from any paranormal books I've read.

    you can check my review here:

    http://blackplume.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/my-soul-to-take/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read this yet but like you, I've heard nothing but great things about it. I'm really interested in Kaylee and her ability. I'd love to know what kind of situations it has put her in. Plus, I love a kick-ass character :P

    Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sigh... this book is also one of the books i can't wait to read... but i need longer days... too much to read and only few hours to do so... Anyway, great review! Hugs,

    Alaiel

    P.S: I don't know if I like this cover better than the US one but this one is not bad xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read some of Rachel's books already but not yet this series. I didn't know that it was this good, the cover I may say did put me off. But obviously your not meant to judge a book by it's cover

    ReplyDelete
  14. Samster the Hamster11 August 2011 at 13:57

    I have been wanting to read this book so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're review has just made me want to read it more. :) Thanks!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one series I would like to read sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great review. Everything about this book seems cool from the cover to the series name to the synopsis :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still need to read this series I read the prequel but still need to get into this...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved this series. I have read them all. Great review! :)
    - Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a good book and everyone else seems to know about it so I better go mark it as a to-read

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!