Love you to Death by Meg Cabot

Love you to Death
by Meg Cabot

Pages: 256
Release Date: August 6th 2004
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Series: The Mediator #1
Other books in series: High Stakes, Mean Spirits, Young Blood, Grave Doubts & Heaven Sent
Buy the book: Amazon UK | Amazon US



Suze is a mediator—a liaison between the living and the dead. In other words, she sees dead people. And they won't leave her alone until she helps them resolve their unfinished business with the living. But Jesse, the hot ghost haunting her bedroom, doesn't seem to need her help. Which is a relief, because Suze has just moved to sunny California and plans to start fresh, with trips to the mall instead of the cemetery, and surfing instead of spectral visitations.
But the very first day at her new school, Suze realizes it's not that easy. There's a ghost with revenge on her mind ... and Suze happens to be in the way


My Thoughts
Love you to Death, (also called Haunted as US title) is definitely one of my favourite books. Hell, this series is like one of the best. I was entranced! I enjoyed reading every single YA Meg Cabot book there is and so this book was no disappointment.

Suze is strong, sassy and funny as hell.  She's a sophomore that has just moved to Carmel because of her mother's re marriage. And she sure is different. She can see ghosts. She can talk to them, feel them and hear them too. But most importantly, she can help them move on. I really liked Suze's gift and how she didn't take advantage of it.

This is where Jessie comes in. The unbelievably hot and smokin ghost that resides in her bedroom. I love him! He's so polite, caring and just hot. What else could a girl want? And whenever he says Querida, you can't help but feel your heart melt. Swoon worthy!

Although the plot isn't very original, its certainly not boring. This catchy first book in the Mediator series is just excellent. Faced paced and easy to read, this is a series that I could easily get addicted too. Highly recommended!

16 comments:

  1. I really liked this book even though the plot wan't very original(as you said) I somehow end up enjoying all Meg Cabot books (except for Airhead)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like to try this one, I'll look out for it - thanks! :D

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review :) I've read a similar story to this but I shall be reading up on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series so much. I read it years ago, but Jesse will forever be in my mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this book yet but I like Meg Cabot's other books. I like that the main character can see ghosts. It's a little different then most of the paranormal books out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE The Mediator series. It's one of my favourite works of Meg Cabot. Jesse is just the most amazing ghost guy ever. I think either the fifth or sixth book is my favourite. Or fourth - you know what, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like lots of fun. I have not read the series and will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all meg's books but this series has to be my absolute favorite - I never tire of it and my copies are all falling to pieces lol! :D

    Enjoy reading them - Im jealous you are getting to read them for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the first book in this series a few weeks ago, but haven't gotten around to reading it. After this review, I might just have to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this whole series! It's so good! Awesome review. New follower :)

    Books Ahoy
    www.books-ahoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haunted was my favorite in the Mediator series. I actually didn't know it was a series when I picked it up, but I was hooked. After reading, I realized I had to read the others, and I've been in love with them since.

    I actually went to this review thinking there was SOMEHOW a Meg Cabot book I hadn't yet read (she's one of my favorite authors so I always try to keep up to date with her books), but I was pleasantly surprised (and disappointed - I wanted a new book to read!). I love how kickass Suze is, especially in this book. This book is what solidifies her relationship with Jesse for me, and I was actually upset when I thought something had happened to him.

    Addicting is the proper word for this book - I can never put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep deffinantly going to be reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this author, glad you enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was my favorite out of the entire series. Suze is a fantastic heroine, Jesse is an amazing love interest, and even Paul adds a lot of color to the whole story. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Mediator is exciting misterious and crazy exactly the way i like it. The next book i cant wait to read im so exciting. I encourage others to read theis book as it is one os a kind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!