High Stakes by Meg Cabot

High Stakes
by Meg Cabot

Pages: 224
Release Date: November 5th 2004
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Series: The Mediator #2
Other books in series: Love you to Death, Mean Spirits, Young Blood, Grave Doubts & Heaven Sent
Buy the Book: Amazon



Everything is going great for Suze. Her new life in California is a whirlwind of parties and excellent hair days. Tad Beaumont, the hottest boy in town, has even asked Suze out on her very first date. Suze is so excited that she's willing to ignore her misgivings about Tad ... particularly the fact that he's not Jesse, whose ghostly status—not to mention apparent disinterest in her—make him unattainable.
What Suze can't ignore, however, is the ghost of a murdered woman whose death seems directly connected to dark secrets hidden in none other than Tad Beaumont's past


My Thoughts
High Stakes, (US title as Ninth Key) was just as good as the previous book in the series, Love you to Death, I just couldn't stop reading. In this one, there's murder and mystery. My favourite! Suze has to figure out if a guy, Tad Beaumont (Red) is responsible for a particular murder.

It was great going through the events of Suze and Tad. I wanted to know what was going to happen, there was much suspense and action. I've got to say, it was pretty hilarious when he thought that he was a vampire! And there are definitely more LOL moments!

Though, I was more drawn to the scenes with Suze and Jessie. You know Jessie, the hot ghost that lives in Suze's bedroom. I LOVE him! I just wanted more of them and less of Tad! Their relationship is very personal even though they've just knew each other for around a month. But come on Jesse, kiss her already!

I really love this book! I have no doubt that I'm going to love all the other books that follow. An enjoyable and funny read :)

13 comments:

  1. I love this series - it's one of my favs! So glad you're enjoying it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I love Meg Cabot, I must read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Meg Cabot too, and this book looks really good. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this series, one of my favourites of Meg Cabot's! I loved this book too, it was awesome, glad you enjoyed it. And yes, Jesse love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this series. Some of her very best books. Ah Jesse :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read all of these, and they are soooo good! Just wait till the end - OMG!!!!!! <3 Jesse to death (no pun intended). Hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remeber reading Princess diaries when I was younger, actually it was te first series I ever read by myself. I haven't read this yet but I know Meg is a great author and from the sounds of your review it does sound like and good book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved these books! They are amazing in all possible ways! The story gets much better in the next books! Enjoy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely my favorite Meg Cabot series ever. Jesse and Suze are amazing, but I also like the extra boys. They always add a bit of book candy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a good read! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    -Carly Waid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting book, must put this as a to-read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi! i haven't read this series by meg cabot (yet). i have read her 1-800-MISSING series which i really enjoyed and then a few months ago i watched the lifetime series based (loosely) on the book series. i like your blog!
    i'm a newbie blogger and would like to invite you to come take a look at my blog.
    i see that you are just over a month away from your blog's first anniversary (congrats!) since you've had a lot more experience than i have as a blogger i'd love to hear about any tips or advice you have for a newbie!
    sending blog luv,
    Jaclyn
    www.jaclynsmusings.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!