Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison

Here Lies Bridget
by Paige Harbison

Pages: 464
Release Date: June 17th 2011
Publisher: Mira Ink
Buy the Book: Amazon UK | Amazon US


What do you do when the five people you meet in limbo all want you to go to hell?
Bridget Duke is the uncontested ruler of her school. The meanest girl with the biggest secret insecurities. And when new girl Anna Judge arrives, things start to fall apart for Bridget: friends don’t worship as attentively, teachers don’t fall for her wide-eyed “who me?” look, expulsion looms ahead and the one boy she’s always loved—Liam Ward—can barely even look at her anymore.
When a desperate Bridget drives too fast and crashes her car, she ends up in limbo, facing everyone she’s wronged and walking a few uncomfortable miles in their shoes. Now she has only one chance to make a last impression. Though she might end up dead, she has one last shot at redemption and the chance to right the wrongs she’s inflicted on the people who mean the most to her.
And Bridget’s about to learn that, sometimes, saying you’re sorry just isn’t enough.…


My Thoughts
Here Lies Bridget is a book that grew on to me. I'll say it's mainly because of how Bridget, the main character used to be like. She was just very unlikable. She's mean disrespectful, unfriendly, the list can go on. But then everything changes when she one day recklessly drives her car meeting with a horrible accident.

The way Bridget dies wasn't very original however it's portrayed in an awesome way. What's even better is that everything played as a build up so death was quite inevitable. I loved how the crash played another beginning and how from then on Brigit was a whole new person.

I have to applaud Harbinson. At first I really hated Bridget, come on she was a total bitch. But then it was amazing how Harbinson cleverly changed those feelings to sympathy, understanding and care. I couldn't stop reading. I had to know what would happen to her.

I finished Here Lies Bridget in one sitting; I really enjoy reading it. It was a journey of self discovery, realisation and forgiveness. I loved how it was. I even found the ending to be quite surprising, I didn't think it'll be that. I loved it! It is a fantastic inciting book for teens who face social decisions everyday.

19 comments:

  1. I read this one last year and thought it was really unique, I really enjoyed it! Needless to say I now have a copy on my shelf. :)
    It's nice to see reviews cropping up of it!

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I wouldn't have thought that this would be my sort of thing, but I keep seeing positive reviews on it and I'm warming to it.
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! I read this one back when it was released and really enjoyed it as well. I also agree that while Bridget was a hard character to like at first, she does evolve a lot as the book progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this on my shelf for a while! Glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait to get my own copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review :) I liked this book very much and I was never sure how the story was going to end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recieved the ARC of this book. I LOVED it. It is a book that like you had to grow on me.
    Greas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard that the main character in this one is really hard to like at first. I'm glad the author was able to turn you around. I've had this one on my wishlist for a while. I should probably order it. Thanks for the amazing review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unsure what I think about this book yet, it sounds like you liked it and it's a very in deapth sort of book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This novel sounds really interesting. I think I'll add it to my to-read pile. And the cover is good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure about this book. It sounds like a replica of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. Have you read that book? I might have to pick this one up from the library at some point, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover of this book, and I'm not sure why! I would read this based on the cover!
    -Carly Waid

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds really good, I've been tossing the idea around of picking up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, the book title is very literal lol. Sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been very curious about this one. It sounds like a great contemporary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds great a book to read. It made me think to grab a copy of that book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds great a book to read. It made me think to grab a copy of that book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just recently read this one and surprisingly really enjoyed it. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love stumbling across reviews and thinking "I need to read this book". And its good to know some characters {even main ones} are really unlovable at the beginning, but worth the read in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a great book-would love to read this and I love the main character already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!