Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Frostbite
by Richelle Mead

Pages: 327
Release Date: October 1st 2009
Publisher: Puffin
Series: Vampire Academy
Other books in series: Vampire Academy, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound & Last Sacrifice
Buy the Book: Amazon UK | Amazon US

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose…
It's winter break at St. Vladimir's, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy's crawling with Guardians—including Rose's hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn't bad enough, Rose's tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason's got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy's not taking any risks… This year, St. Vlad's annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.
But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When threefriends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price…

My Thoughts
In this second addition to the Vampire Academy series, everything just got even hotter. I was not disappointed at all. Mead took everything to a whole new level. I loved every minute of it. It was just that awesome.

Rose is a true heroine. At first her attitude was very snarky but as the book went on Rose’s character developed making her a completely different girl. She turned out to be more serious and real bad ass. With her training, it finally paid off as she faced off some of her own troubles, battling evil whilst bravely protecting her friends.

More action and suspense was enclosed in the plot. It was much more fast paced and downright enthralling. Probably because of all the Strigoi. They played a big part in destruction and anticipation. It was frustrating yet great reading more about them.

Though, nothing is better than reading about Dimitri. So down to earth, caring and hot I simply LOVE him! Obviously, Rose does too but they have their share of problems. Like, come on already! Oh and that’s where Adrian comes in. Yeah. I don’t really like him.

This was one heck of a rollercoaster. Seriously, I just really loved it. Oh and I really love Mason. He is so not going forgotten. OK! Cannot wait to read Shadow Kiss :D

10 comments:

  1. Good review! I really like this, think its my 2nd fave of the series. can't wait to see what you think of the next one!! :P

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. VA (Vampire Academy) series is the BEST series I think I've ever read!! It's good to have a kick-ass girl as the lead a not a damsel in distress.
    And there is nothing better then reading about Dimitri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really didn't like Adrian either! Gah, Mason was awesome though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vampires and skiing = love. Adore the quiet moments between Rose & Dimitri (in the car, up on the roof at the resort, etc).

    As for Adrian, I disagree. He's a good twist. I've always been intrigued by Adrian. I think he and Rose are good for each other, but only to an extent. Obviously she and Dimitri are destined for one another.

    Mason is adorable. I love him, but not even Rose Hathaway can have more than two boys at once (she dropped Jesse when she picked up Mason, dropped Mase when she got Adrian). Pretty sure I cried for a while after finishing.

    This book started my love affair with Eddie, who I haven't gotten enough of since. Lucky for me we now have Bloodlines (or will shortly)!

    Love that Mia is finally getting a personality. She's ballsy, just like Rose, which is why they don't get along, but it's why I like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book was an adventure >< :) Great series overall

    ReplyDelete
  6. MASON!!!!!!!!!!!! D': I always want to jump in this book and make sure he lives but no the world doesn't work like that ):

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just purchased this book! I've heard a lot of mixted reviews on this series, I hope I'm on the half that loves it(:

    lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I totally agree with you about Dimitri...damn that boy is FINNEEEE...he's totally my favorite...and him and Rose...DAMN...it's like an explosion of awesomesauce! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. With all the comments and your review, I have to mark this as a to-read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!