Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire
by Suzanne Collins

Pages: 472
Release Date: September 7th 2009
Publisher: Scholastic
Series: The Hunger Games #2
Other books in series: The Hunger Games & Mocking Jay
Buy the Book: Amazon UK | Amazon US


Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol


My Thoughts
Catching Fire is without doubt an unforgettable ride. It’s even better and bigger than I had hoped it too be. It’s fiery, malevolent and exasperatingly amazing! Collins has sure got a captivating writing style. I was utterly hooked.

Katniss Everdeen. The best heroine ever. I love her! What I love the most is that we get to see a whole new side to her. Her hurt, worry and dismay when she finds out her loved ones are going to have to go to the games.

Everything is in a sort of muddle with her relationship with Peeta and Gale. It doesn’t get much better. From the Hunger Games, I’ve stuck by Peeta. Team Peeta! I am firm on my feet for Katniss to choose Peeta although he was been distant. I don’t blame him though. As for Gale, he has been giving Katniss the cold shoulder after witnessing Peeta’s ‘star crossed’ lovers role. Honestly, who cares? It’s Peeta she needs anyways. Gotta love him!

The cliff-hanger is simply maddening. It’s that immense! But I really love this series. So if you haven’t read this series what are in heavens are you waiting for? Go buy a copy as there sure is a whole lotta EPIC stuff. I just can’t get enough. Mocking Jay, here I come!

21 comments:

  1. CF was Kristan's fave! (The rest of the girls preferred the original HG.) So glad you liked it! Now you gotta move on to Mockingjay. It's a bit different -- emotionally tougher and more serious, believe it or not, than the rest -- but so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I am with you I am Team Peeta all the way : D! I love this trilogy I read each book in one sitting, it became glued to my hands. I hope you enjoy Mockingjay!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only person in the universe who didn't like The Hunger Games?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book as much as the first one. Love the UK cover, too-- great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your review on this book. I feel the same way about the book. It was a great follow up to Hunger games

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want that UK cover edition of these series. Much better than the US edition. THG is one of my favorite series. I swear I love all the three books even I complain with book three I still love the whole series. & I can't wait for the movie adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I completely agree with you! I already read this last year! This book is freaking awesome! (The whole series, I mean) It's just so suspenseful (for me!) I, too have always been team peeta! I wasn't really frustrated with the ending because I already have mockingjay when I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Team Peeta all the way! I'm really glad that I picked up this series and even read Catching Fire soon after. Now I'm just hoping I get to read Mockingjay soon. I'm sue it'll be epic!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book is my second favorite in the series. I felt so bad for Peeta in this book. I'm team Peeta as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good review, making me consider reading this now. It never really apealed to me that much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book is my favourite in the trilogy! Just brilliant! I'm Team Peeta although I felt so bad for him at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally agree with the review! Couldn't have said it better myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i totally agree katniss is my favorite heroine ever :) i would say im team peeta but in the movie i really really hate to say im a total team gale because the actor in gale is the actor in one of my favourite movies the last song <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read this book a year ago and I loved it. I can't wait to see the movie on march 2012 because I am very excited to see how some of my favorite scenes are going to look. I recommend this book to everyone because it's imposible to not love Katniss and Peeta.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Catching Fire is my favorite of the trilogy!! After this I only am willing to date bakers! :D Tik Tok.. Tik Tok!!! RUN!!!!! It's so breathtaking!!
    The cliff-hanger... I was so relieve that I had next to me Mockingjay when I finish Catching Fire!!! :9

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely my favorite out of the trilogy. I love Peeta constantly sacrificing for Katniss. She's so smart and spunky and strong and yet she is absolutely clueless about guys, especially the lengths they will go to to keep her safe. Loved the "new" tributes. Cried when everyone kept sacrificing to keep Peeta and Katniss safe, especially Mags. I'm pretty sure a piece of me died when they took Cinna. I love him. Finnick is a fantastic addition to the cast.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one series I have GOT to pick up! I keep hearing nothing but good about them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Team Peeta all the way! Best series ever aside from HP(of course). Can't wait for the movie. I hope that they will give a justice to Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I heart this book and this series so much. Haven't come across anyone who doesn't love it.

    After reading the Hunger Games i did not know how Catching Fire could be as good. But it was. Great series.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this series!!!! I read it back in may when we were reading dystopians in my english class and now they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I almost killed my self reading this book... and mockingjay. SO SAD, but great books! Just LOVED The series.
    Jaz Parks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!