Author Interview: Paige Harbison

Paige Harbison
 Paige Harbison was 19 when she wrote Here Lies Bridget. She is the daughter of American chick lit Queen Beth Harbison and is currently working toward her Bachelor's Degree at Towson University in
Baltimore, MD. Following in the footsteps of her mother,—who is author of Shoe Addicts Anonymous, which is being made into a movie starring Halle Berry-- 21 year old Paige has already signed a deal to give her book the Hollywood treatment
--


What do you do when the five people you meet in limbo all want you to go to hell?
Bridget Duke is the uncontested ruler of her school. The meanest girl with the biggest secret insecurities. And when new girl Anna Judge arrives, things start to fall apart for Bridget: friends don’t worship as attentively, teachers don’t fall for her wide-eyed “who me?” look, expulsion looms ahead and the one boy she’s always loved—Liam Ward—can barely even look at her anymore.
When a desperate Bridget drives too fast and crashes her car, she ends up in limbo, facing everyone she’s wronged and walking a few uncomfortable miles in their shoes. Now she has only one chance to make a last impression. Though she might end up dead, she has one last shot at redemption and the chance to right the wrongs she’s inflicted on the people who mean the most to her.
And Bridget’s about to learn that, sometimes, saying you’re sorry just isn’t enough.…

--
Describe Here Lies Bridget in just three words!
Big. Skinny. Bitch.

If you found yourself being in Bridget's situation, how would you even react?
I’d freak out. After freaking out, I’d be unbelievably embarrassed to watch myself making a fool of myself.

Here Lies Bridget is definitely a Strong and moving novel. What impact did you want this to have on readers?
I wasn’t all that fixated on teaching a lesson. I mostly just shoved this awful girl out into the spotlight and said to her: “You’re just awful, and here’s why.” And from there I just hope people were amused by it, or that maybe they saw themselves in Bridget and realized they should chill out on the whole ‘hurting people’ thing.
 
How did you feel when you found out Here Lies Bridget was going to made into a movie? I know I was overjoyed! :)
I flipped. But I also am trying not to get my hopes up. I was so excited though. It’s an unreal opportunity.

So, What's next for Paige Harbison?
New Girl, which will be out later this year. It’s a modern take on Daphne du Maurier’s (and Alfred Hitchcock’s) Rebecca. I think my writing has grown since Here Lies Bridget, as is to be expected since it was my debut.
--

A great big thank you to Paige for having this interview! Make sure you read my review of Here Lies Bridget, to just get awed by it and I be sure to buy it!
Thanks again Paige :D

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so interesting! Definitely added to the TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview! I have to say, New Girl sounds pretty interesting. I still need to read Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!