Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Infinite Days
by Rebecca Maizel

Pages: 310
Release Date: August 3, 2010
Publisher: Macmillan Childrens books
Buy it Amazon


Lenah Beaudonte is, in many ways, your average teen: the new girl at Wickham Boarding School, she struggles to fit in enough to survive and stand out enough to catch the eye of the golden-boy lacrosse captain. But Lenah also just happens to be a recovering five-hundred-year-old vampire queen. After centuries of terrorizing Europe, Lenah is able to realize the dream all vampires have -- to be human again. After performing a dangerous ritual to restore her humanity, Lenah entered a century-long hibernation, leaving behind the wicked coven she ruled over and the eternal love who has helped grant her deep-seated wish.

Until, that is, Lenah draws her first natural breath in centuries at Wickham and rediscovers a human life that bears little resemblance to the one she had known. As if suddenly becoming a teenager weren’t stressful enough, each passing hour brings Lenah closer to the moment when her abandoned coven will open the crypt where she should be sleeping and find her gone. As her borrowed days slip by, Lenah resolves to live her newfound life as fully as she can. But, to do so, she must answer ominous questions: Can an ex-vampire survive in an alien time and place? What can Lenah do to protect her new friends from the bloodthirsty menace about to descend upon them? And how is she ever going to pass her biology midterm?




My Thoughts
I never would have thought this would be a book that revolved around vampires, but I guess the title days it all. It most definitely differs from all the other vampire novels seeing as in this one a girl- Lenah changes from a vampire into a human being.

A very enjoyable read. It’s packed with love, loss and humour. I loved how Lenah sees the world and how everything seems to affect her. Like, I don’t know why but I particularly found it amusing when she spoke to a closed door ordering it to ‘reveal yourself’.


I really connected with Tony. His character is jolly, fun and simply the best. It was clear that Lenah felt nothing for him. As their friendship grew each day, it seemed to blossom as they become the best of friends.


At first, I didn’t like Justin. There was just something about him I can’t put a finger on. But then, as his character starts to take more dominance, revealing his personality and his feeling towards Lenah, I really enjoyed reading about him more and more. He is understanding, caring and he does sound kinda hot


I didn’t expect the ending to have an end. It was shocking! I don’t want to give anything away but I can’t seem to register what happened. It was a definite change of events, considering how the very last pages left my mouth gaping. I loved reading this book. It was worth the time!

13 comments:

  1. What about Rhode? :D I loved his character the most. It took me a while to really like Justin's character. Wasn't that ending a total shocker!? I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed him out! :/
    thaks for telling me, I'm sure to add him in my review now. I can't wait until the next book gets released either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked that book. Great book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like something I will really enjoy. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an ARC of this sitting on my self from forever ago. I never heard much about this book but now seeing someone else enjoyed inspires me to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book but I am getting exhasperated waiting for the follow up. It keeps getting pushed back and I am starting to worry about getting a resolution for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really loved this book, at first when i started to read it i was thinking, this is never going to be a good read but i thought wrong it turned out amazing, i really really wish the next book would come out faster, it comes out next year :"( anyways great revieww !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book has an interesting premise to it, might have to go to the library for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard about this book. It seems so sad what happens to her friend :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this book a while ago, and, while I loved the ending, I wondered if she would write another... I can't wait to read that one too! I like you reviews, very to-the-point... pretty much my opinion exactly about this book {although I did know it centered around vampires from the get-go}.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im glad to know its good, its in my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this revolves around vampires? I didn't know that!

    lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this book-really really recommend it and glad you loved it too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!