Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Glass Houses
by Rachel Caine 


Format: Paperback
Pages: 348 pages
Release Date: May 26th 2008

Publisher: Allison & Busby
Source: For Review from Publishers
Buy it: Amazon
Add it: Goodreads


It's a small college town filled with quirky characters. But when the sun goes down, the bad comes out. Because in Morganville, there is an evil that lurks in the darkest shadows - one that will spill out into the bright light of day.

Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. The popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks on the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero. And Claire really doesn't have the right connections - to the undead who run the town.


When Claire heads off campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Hew new roommates don't show many signs of life. But they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood...  
My Thoughts
I LOVE this book. I LOVE this series. I LOVE vampires.
This obviouslly shows how much I loved reading this book as it is really very great. From the very first page all the way to the end of the book each part and every part was interesting not at all boring.

All the characters were appealing I even liked the evil 'Monica Morrel'. Claire, the main character, is just wonderful. I totally love her. I like how she's into studying, how she cares a great deal about others and that shes a positive character. Her 'roommates' or rather 'housemates' are all great too. Micheal and Shane are simply down to earth hotties. Micheal is more of the serious one as he is the oldest and the house they're living in belongs to him. Shane loves his video games and chilli and he's very flirty. I adore Eve especially her style of clothing is just fab.

Claire and Shane are perfect for each other. To be honest, I really didn't expect them to get together. I always thought it would have been Micheal and Claire but Claire and Shane suit better, obviously!

The way Rachel Caine flowed the events of this book is amazing. It always keeps you guessing and that's what I love the best. However,I just really hate how at the end of the book, its not an ending but a spinoff so the ending carry's on to the next book. I find that really fustrating! Now, you have to wait for the next book. And, hear me now when I say the ending to this book is just alarming. I actually screamed.

I don't want to give anything else away. Find out yourself. I assure you, this is a book worth reading. Go buy it! :)

A UK Morganville Vampire fan? Join the Facebook fan club!

17 comments:

  1. Lol @ you screaming. I loved this series so much. Each of the books follow right on from the previous and I really love that about them, but after reading the second I went out and bought all the others too so I could just keep reading. I still have Ghost Town to go ... Soon I hope!

    So glad you enjoyed it. Have you started the next one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I’m totally in love with this series....
    Shane and Claire are just sooo adorable LOL they have bare chemistry,,
    Eve and Michael are really cute too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your review !! This book is in my pile !! I've heard the series was great so I should really start reading it =) !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. l have this series to start, l am mean't to be reading one every month but have had no time!! =(
    So glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started to read this book a year or two ago but put it aside so I could read another book, and I just kind forgot about it. Though, your review has made me want to pick it up again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I DO want to read this now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this book was wonderful!! I loved it too but I haven't read any of the other books in the series yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will admit that the covers of these books put me off a little but your review had inspired me to look beyond the cover. What a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I love this series. Great review; it is very inspiring. I may need to read this one again. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually had forgotten that this series was about vamps. Definitely moving it up in my TBR pile.


    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vampires!! ♥ I have to read it! :D And the review.... i have to read that book NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to pull this one out of my TBR pile and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHHH I cant wait for last breath!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have had these books on my book shelf, looking at me begging to be read. After reading your review I feel like picking them up. Thanks for that, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to start reading this series...

    lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's such a great author and the cover is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING!!! LAST BREATH (BOOK 11) IS THE BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!